Thursday, March 5, 2015

Complete installation of VMware tools caused Windows 2008 r2 server unexpected rebooted

Issue: I have received alert that one of the Windows 2008 R2 server unexpectedly rebooted

Findings:  upon checking the system logs found out that the system got unexpectedly rebooted and created Memory dump file. I copied the dump file and done analysis using win debugging tool.
                              after analyzing,  I found that vsepflt.sys caused this issue.



So when I search about this on internet, I found it isThe vShield Endpoint Thin Agent driver (vsepflt.sys).

 

 http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2082588




I confirmed it was installed together with vmwaretools.

cause: my server is already running with McAfee. So multiple antiviruses running on Windows system would  cause stack overflow issue( due to too many filters).


Solution: I uninstalled the vmware tools and reinstalled with typical setup. and confirmed that vshield endpoint thin agent driver is excluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment